7 RogaineScore V48
Changes From V46 to V48TEAM names and HANDICAPS can be included from additional columns in the spreadsheet
“TOTAL” Courses – another way of combining several courses
A NEW USER INTERFACE for streamlined finish scoring
TEAM SCORING is more rigorous
new LINK TO SPREADSHEET interface
TAGS can be ALLOCATED LIVE at registration
AUTO-ERASURE of Tags at scoring
PUNCH FAILURE mechanism is improved
WINDOWS VISTA and WINDOWS 7 Compatible
The EXE file has been separated from the scoring environment
A NEW SPREADSHEET template
5 RogaineScore V 46
Version 46 New features.
1. GROUP Punches. At busy checkpoints, additional Punches can be used as equivalents of each other.
2. Suppressing unwanted lines in TAG printouts can have lines before the BRIEF punch hidden.
3. The starting line of a Tag score can be manually adjusted up or down, using a menu option to Insert or move a BRIEF Punch.
4. The Finish line of a tag score can be adjusted by altering the Finish time. Punches recorded after the manual Finish time are ignored, both for scoring value and for STATUS function. Inserting a Manual FINISH time therefore over-rides later FINISH Punches in a Tag record.
5. PRINTING while in re-score mode is now inhibited by default. You can still print a changed score if you wish,
6. PRINTING the Display window. The Score display window has an item added to the FILE menu, allowing direct printing of the window contents.
7. FINDING UN-SCORED TEAMS now lists all un-scored tags sorted into a per-course grouping. The first course to show is the course of the last Tag scored (or re-scored).
8. Showing DISCREPANCIES within teams now gives a list-box to select which team you would like to examine.
9. The Tags to Teams PRINT… menu has improved formatting, and the option to print selected pages rather than all pages.
10. Several courses can be combined into one result by setting up a CHAIN course. The CHAIN course is created in Event Setup to contain the desired constituent courses. Although each course is still individually scored, the combined results are available by printing results for the Chain course.
11. Teams can WITHDRAW after the event has started. Rather than being disqualified, they will have their gross score shown at the bottom of the Results, but with zero overall score. The word “Withdrawn” will show, and their will be no category rankings.
1. Bug fix in EVENT SETUP. The EVENT REFERENCE TIME would sometimes change by 24 Hrs when a Course change was made.
2. Bug fix to handle midnight start and finish times.
3. Bug fix in READ PUNCHES, which incorrectly reconstructed Punch data from the tag records.
4. Improved formatting of line spaces in Winners printout.
5. Bug fix to remove extra A and B suffixes when creating a permanent Tagteams file.
6. Bug fix in READTAGS to stop error message if attempting to re-score, when no tags have been scored.
7 RogaineScore 45
Version 45 has some improved features and a number of bug fixes for problems and/or inconsistencies found during an exhausive testing process.
Features include a method of handling Daylight Savings (read the manual), improved linking to spreadsheet files, (all done from the Tags to Teams window now, and not the RESULTS window also), and improved re-scoring features. The re-scoring is now completely WYSIWYG, in that you get an instant screen display of any manual changes, before you save them. Re-scoring ALL tags is also much faster than the previous versions (linear with n instead of n2) I have also built in a method of adding and/or editing names in the Tags to Teams window, after a recent event where we had a lot of on-the-evening entries. There is a section in the Manual about on-the-day entries. The names which are added or edited can be saved in the same column format as the original spreadsheet source file.
Tags for the same team but with different scores can now be automatically searched to show the differences, by clicking the DISCREPANCY button in the re-score window.
And, with all this, there is now a bonus-scoring system, at the request of the QRA and NZRA. Bonus scores can be given for checkpoints visited between pre-determined times, or in a particular sequence, or if all of a given group are scored. Again,it's in the manual, and a separate editor for creating the required text files is included.
3 Old Versions
Previous releases of Navlight RogaineScore software
DataSource.xlshot! 02/05/2008 Hits: 904
A spreadsheet file with a built-in macro (Ctrl + Shift + T) which saves the active sheet as a tab-delimited text file for linking to rogainescore.
Event Entry Spreadsheet 03/03/2012 Hits: 4
New spreadsheet for creating Tagnums.txt directly. It means that you never need to use the "Tags to Teams" window. I would be interested in your thoughts on it. (There is a built-in HELP menu).
Navlight Quick Referencehot! 11/20/2007 Hits: 1793